Monday 31 October 2016

Blogtober 2016: The Result.


Aaah.  Nothing like the smell of slightly caramelised pumpkin in the evening... and the sense that the month, and Blogtober, are coming to a close.

I set my own goal for Blogtober, which was the standard "blog every day" goal.  I am happy to say I only missed one day!  And nobody's perfect... so hey!  I'm very pleased with myself.

I had a few setbacks this year, the worst one being that my Blogger app no longer works on my phone.  This means that I could not have a set time of day to blog (such as the school run) and as such I ended up scheduling posts on a mass scale.  I am hoping that maybe a fresh install will solve it, but if not, I may have to strategise.

I am looking beyond Blogtober into my blog-future.

I haven't been blogging regularly since the emergence of the quicker social media-- like Twitter and Instagram.  These days when I have a photo to share, I just plonk it right up on these other sites without as much wordsmithery or explanation at all.  The immediacy is great, but at the same time I feel like I'm leaving behind a part of myself; the verbose part!

I am all over the internet now like a rash, as I explained in an earlier post this month.  Blog, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Vine, Twitch, YouTube, and not forgetting the website.  There's nine right there that I've mentioned, so I can't even dedicate one day a week to posting on each!  Vine is the one that suffers.  I love Vine as a viewer, but as a contributor I have a hard time condensing anything good into 6 seconds. The next least-used is Pinterest.  I need to find a good way to link my pins into websites and web shops so that I can better publicise my stuff.

I am considering getting back into regular blogging by doing certain posts on certain days of the week, and I'm sure you'll know all about it the moment I decide exactly what I'm doing!!!

Until then, why not drink the dregs of Blogtober 2016 by visiting my original post, following the links to the three other blogs participating and give them some loving (or maybe just friendly) comments. :)  I know I intend to!

Thanks to Karen, Wendy and Lyn for joining me, and I hope to see you far more frequently leading up to next Blogtober!

Oh... and Happy Hallowe'en!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

great pumpkins ... and thank you for hosting Blogtober :-)

KraftyKaren said...

Thank you so much for being the hostess with the mostess this year xx

And I look forward to seeing all of us being a bit more prevalent in blogland!!