Thursday 6 October 2016

A quartet of card bases


Four different looks, one die set!  This is a Spellbinders Create-a-Card set, annoyingly made in American dimensions.  I used the sentiment tag to make up the difference though, so hopefully cards I make with this won't look too awkward...

These are just the backgrounds.  I die-cut the panel that is comprised of the four corners and the bit in the middle  out of white cardstock, and then I used a blending tool to blend Distress Inks over the frilly bits, leaving the middle white.  I also cut the sentiment pieces separately and inked them too.  I chose my cardstock-- two lime green and two kraft-- to stick them onto.

Despite having done these months ago, I still have not made them into cards.  When that happens, I'll let you know. :)

This entry is part of Blogtober 2016.  To participate, take a look at my original post.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

The die cuts do look gorgeous when inked up :-)

KraftyKaren said...

I wouldn't have known they weren't the correct size - they work well with the sentiment label added. Look forward to seeing what you do next with them