Sunday 8 March 2015

Vixie and Grampa



Here's a simple page of my daughter and my father hanging out together.  She calls him Grampa.

I used a solid bright pink smooth cardstock, some scraps from Basic Grey collection packs, handwritten journalling and a die-cut alphabet for the title.  I think it's a Tim Holtz one, maybe Market Text or something.  It's one of those 12-inch Sizzlits dies with the alphabet and numbers on it.  I like using these, especially if I have a lot of titles to cut out at once.  It's also great to get right down to the last scrap of paper as you can just lay a small rectangle over the letters you want to cut out and roll it through.  I have even double-stacked thinnish cardstock on parts of the die and achieved a good cut on both layers.

This photo was taken in the McDonald's I used to work at in High School.  It was a lot busier then.  They have scaled it down quite a lot.  There's less seating, fewer cash registers (tills), and the layout is almost unrecognisable.  Very strange... but then it has been 20 years!!


No comments: