Friday 20 March 2015

A Rainbow of Scrubs



A Rainbow of Scrubs.  It is what it says it is.  I just found it cool that you could buy scrubs from Wal-Mart in so many colours.  I made this a very basic page that I'm sure I have some sort of name for in my head but it doesn't translate into anything I can type.  Basically this kind of page is anchored either on the left or right with a piece of patterned paper and has a number of other layers, some torn, some punched, whatever, and then I put a smaller little cluster of strips up in the corner to echo the main layout.  I think I picked it up when I was doing Shimelle's Pretty Paper Party.  You will see a lot of this from me.  This time, I added a title cut from a Sizzlits set and a small filigree butterfly cut out of the same paper as the border punched layer of plain cardstock.  Other than choosing a solid background colour (I think this is Jacaranda by Bazzill) and matting the photo on white, that is absolutely it.

Shimelle's Pretty Paper Party had a lot of takeaway value for me, the most interesting part being the analysis of patterned papers and how to unify several patterns without making your eyes water.  I also love her Creative Stash Dive project, wihch combines several patterns and solids and using all of it up to the last possible scrap.  Great video which is included in the Pretty Paper Party class if you're interested.   Shimelle.com is the place to go if the class is still available.

No comments: