Sunday 6 June 2010

From Cross-Stitch to Crochet!

I tried to make a sweater ages ago from a crochet book. I stupidly attempted to make it bigger and ended up with a sweater that would only fit a hunchback with no hips. That's nothing like me, so I made a New Year's Resolution to unravel it and make something else with the yarn. Well, I have! Here it is:


It's a v-shaped wrap made of squares of four different textures but in the same colour yarn. I hadn't realised where I got that brilliant idea until I noticed Wendy's knitted squares throw. I remember when she learned how to put it together! It was ages before I even started this project. It must have been looming in my subconscious. Lovely!

My throws and wraps tend to get tucked away at this time of year, so I don't really get a chance to appreciate my work. It'll be nice to take them out of hibernation when it gets colder again.

2 comments:

KraftyKaren said...

LOL Sy it has only just warmed up!! Still won't be long till winter is back - it looks gorgeous!

Wendy said...

I think you have put it together better than I did mine! Looks great :-)