Saturday 5 June 2010

Charm-ing card...


This isn't my usual thing but I'd like it to be. One of the people I admire in our little crafty group has started putting little bead danglies on her cards. At first, I thought it would be too expensive to do that but when I think of the beads I've found at the 99p shop, I decided it's a small amount to pay for a pretty embellishment.

This is a Tilda with Lilacs image, coloured with Copics and brush markers, and with Flower Soft to accentuate the lilacs. The mat was cut on the robo, the border was punched with a Fiskars punch, and the embellishment is made of two paper flowers, a pound-shop embellishment in the centre and a bead and wire danglie. The sentiment is hand-written.

This is the kind of card I want to continue making. I'm really pleased with the quality of it. Many of my cards look like I "phoned it in," but this one makes me happy.

3 comments:

KraftyKaren said...

Really lovely Sy and a very pretty dangly bit.

Scrappy~Sarah said...

beautiful card...love your dangly bit :)

Wendy said...

Love the dangly!