Wednesday 7 October 2015

Fifth card...

I made one more card this past weekend,  and here it is.  Another herringbone - style paper quilt background used up, this time I used a Tonic Studios Lattice Square die set with the stamped image fussy - cut and put on top, as I knew it would overextend the border of the solid panel in the middle.

One more hand - cut sentiment banner adds the finishing touch to this one.

My thoughts are that these cards are quite plain and uninteresting compared to the cards I've seen in shops and on Pinterest and other blogs.  I want so much to create those cards with the "Wow!" factor... but I suppose that would be for when I'm home with all my stash to hand,  not just the capsule kits I pack in my weekend bag.

This is part of Blogtober 2015.  To join in, either as a reader or a contributor, check out this post.  Either click on the links or add your own, or both!

2 comments:

KraftyKaren said...

A great technique for using small scraps - really lovely card and you have reminded me that I have a tonic square die that I think I only used once since getting it - I must dig it out and use it

Wendy said...

I do like the way that you can still see the background through the lattice :-)