Monday 8 July 2013

Messing About on Canvas.


I love to use acrylic paint on my wooden mirrors and other useful items for around the house, but I haven't until recently started painting on canvas.

I live in a rented house at the moment and there are lots of nails on the walls that have been left behind and painted over.  I have been slowly using them up over the ten-or-so months I've been there.   It's starting to look a bit like a museum now!

These two canvases were made during half-term holiday when my friend Crafty Frank  (not her real name) came to stay.  We enjoy having our child-free time to create.

The one on the right was made using Crafters Workshop stencils and the plastic netting that fruit and vegetables sometimes come in.  I love the variety of colours and textures in this piece.  I'm not quite ready to let go of it.   Besides,  it matches my curtains perfectly!

The one on the left was inspired by a piece I saw on Pinterest.  By the time I had finished it, however, it had  taken on a life of its own and barely resembles my inspiration piece.  I showed a friend at my regular Wednesday Crafty Cafe.  She was impressed with it and said, "Are you going to sell it?"  I jokingly put a price out there and she said, "We have a deal!"  Totally blindsided me.  Okay, so... I'm selling now!

1 comment:

My Repurposed Life said...

well, how fun are those paintings! I really like the one you sold...
I can't paint a lick... I'll be attending one of those art classes someday. All of my friends say I can do it... but I dunno.
Thanks for stopping by My Repurposed Life and taking the time to leave a comment.
gail {at} MyRepurposedLife.net