Friday 18 January 2013

Over the Page...


As promised, 24 hours later, here is what is over the page in my Art Journal.  I went over to a large chain store to see about demonstrating and while I was there, I had a look around (you have to!) and in the gift-wrapping section, I found this beautiful botanical tissue.  The lady in the shop asked what I was planning to do with it, I said I was going to crumple it up, put some distress ink on it, get it wet, flatten it out, dry it, layer it up onto something... and so I did!

This is another art journal page.  The book itself is all Kraft paper, so I blobbed some cream acrylic onto the page, watered down a few other colours and plopped them on a little bit, did the above to the tissue and applied it with Mod Podge.  Also to get the Mod Podge treatment was this fantastic Memory Box die cut at the bottom.  Isn't it gorgeous?  And the off-cuts can be saved and used later as flower centres or whatever!

This allowed me to play a little and come up with a colour scheme for some cards, so this might come back to haunt you in the near future!!

There are not enough hours in the day.  I wanted to move on to making the cards today but I had to tidy away and get ready to pick up the kiddies.  There's always tomorrow, I guess...

1 comment:

Wendy said...

My, that die looks familiar....... lucky find on the tissue! Now you have to write something on it!!!