Saturday 19 January 2013

Crafting with Vixie


I thought I'd sit down and make some samples of my own cardmaking to take along to a popular chain store at which I might demonstrate.  That didn't happen, as my little 5 year old daughter came skipping in and asked too many questions.  I ended up crafting with her instead, and it was a blast!

I had bagged up some little toppers I had made with some rubber stamping, colouring-in  and glitter, matted on cardstock with a punched border at the bottom.  I had intended to use them later on my own cards, but the skipping girl got them, and this is what happened.

I set out some ivory A6 card blanks for her.  She asked if she could use some of the paper that came in the post--I received two pads of NitWit designs papers from Lili of the Valley not so long ago-- so I got them out and showed her how to choose papers for a card.

I taught her how to tear the paper so that you get different edges.  I also taught her how to ink the white edge with chalk ink pads, and further, how to crumple the paper and re-flatten it, and skim the paper with the chalk pad to create a distressed look.  She enjoyed all that!  I also showed her how to position the topper so that it looked good and could fit a sentiment on the side, which she selected and stamped herself!  I think her positioning is great!

Alas, I have no samples for the shop in question... yet.  We're due for some snow on Sunday, and I am planning not to leave the house all day, so it's just me and my paper... unless Vixie comes skipping in again.  Who am I to discourage creativity?

1 comment:

Wendy said...

LOL, start them off early.....you'll never be able to do any solo cardmaking again..... :-) Hasn't she done well!