Thursday 17 January 2013

A smattering of bits...

I've been up to a whole lot of no good lately.  Here's some proof:


Shimelle's Pretty Paper Party has been re-started for a group of us, so I have done my first scrapbook page for months on Tuesday.  I don't want to stop now!

This one uses a Bazzill cardstock base and some various patterned paper from my stash.  I cut the title with my craft robo three times and stuck one on top of the other, coloured the edges black and covered them in teal Stickles.  Voila!  Fake Thickers. :)  Font freaks, this one's called Wish I Were Taller.


I bought this Carousel Horse stamp over a year ago and I tried colouring it in with markers and it just looked a bit silly.  I think it's best in a "shabby chic" situation with Distress Ink.  The flowers are made with old dictionary paper and a Tonic Studios flower punch.  They are coloured with Distress Stain and the middles are filled with Distress Stickles.  No, I am not paid by Ranger!!   I should be. :)  This is a highly layered creation with die-cuts, stamping, direct-to-paper inking, and who knows what else!  It took all day to get to this stage but now that I've done it, it can be easily reproduced.  I think the hardest thing in crafting is deciding what to use and where to put it. :)


Safely at home with my paints and other supplies, I have had time to play.  This is take two of my dubious Erlenmeyer-Flask-themed Art Journal cover.  I think it's done now, but boy did it look strange the first time I tried making it!  I Gessoed over half the background and re-painted the flask itself, added a fire underneath it and it's fine if you don't look at it too long.    Look away now and you might not figure out there's a serious anomaly in the cork area... :)  I plan on going back and fixing that soon.  Don't look at it though!  :)  You're still looking, aren't you?


The point of most journals is to write in them, so I am making Art Journal pages that have room for the written word.  This is the first page.  I just squished some paint and stencils around and got this.  It's nothing particularly original, but it's mine and I love it!

What's over the page?

You'll find out soon.  Maybe even tomorrow. ;)

1 comment:

Wendy said...

You have been busy, what a collection :-) Good that you have scrapped again, I like the multi-layered title! Well done on starting the journal!