Wednesday 27 February 2013

Coming Through the Ugly Stage.... adding colour.



And it's good-bye to the white!  I used some ancient spray inks for this one:  Moon Glow sprays in Wild Iris and Endless Sky with added distress ink in Faded Jeans.


Now to pop the letters and frames out a bit, I made up just enough paint out of my Primary Elements powders and Simple Solutions (Luminarte)  paint what I needed in toning shades.  I sprinkled some of the pigment powder in Kiwi around the other green elements to add more interest and sprayed with water.

I wasn't satisfied with that though.  I thought it needed one last touch, so I added Sunset Gold Pearl-Ex to bring up some of the texture.


After applying some additional gel medium to the glass microbeads with a pallet knife and adding a bit of spray varnish, I have finally finished the mirror!  Whew.... :)

No comments: