Friday 16 January 2015

Arty day!

I had a friend over for a little crafty arty session.  I was determined to do something that I had been turning over and over in my head for a while. 

This canvas is done using a subtractive technique.  I laid the colours down in patches on the background and painted over it in the negative space.  I don't think I chose the right shape for my first attempt at this technique.  I may try something easier next time.

Some of my thicker paints are getting old and can be used to add texture as well as colour.  I spread some of it through a stencil using a palette knife and the result shows all over the place.  I love what it did!

I will definitely be making more canvases.  I have a slightly caved in one that I will be experimenting on, using fabrics and beads to embellish my mixed media backgrounds and textures.  Hooray!

No comments: