Thursday 20 November 2014

Tunisian Knit Stitch

I saw a pattern in Simply Crochet that I just had to try.  The first step is to do a massive 210 rows of Tunisian Knit Stitch!

I haven't counted this yet.  No point until it's much longer.  The fabric made with Tunisian tends to roll as you work it so I put my beautiful glass bead stitch markers to work weighting down the bottom edge. 

I love these stitch markers.  I got them from Etsy and I think the shop is called Chickenstitches. 

I am also working with a new kind of yarn.  It's Women's Institute 4 ply microfibre acrylic.  It feels silky and it is very colourful as you can see.  I prefer to work in a variegated yarn like this when I'm learning new stitches.  It helps me to more easily see the anatomy of the fabric as it is being created.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Looks like it's going to be good :-)