The flower featured on this card is the dahlia from book 2, made in a darker red than the example on the cover.
This flower was bigger than I thought it would be, but it is so lovely. Instead of leaves, I put it with some green flourishes, which sadly get a little lost on the black and white background I made earlier. I'm pleased with it and may try making it again in different colours. It's quite a rich-looking one and has already gone to a good home. It was eventually made into a thank-you card for my neighbour and her other-half for taking my little girl to the hospital one night when she bumped her head. I'm sure she's put it in a safe place. :)