I'm nearly done with one of my daughter's decorative cushions. I thought I'd share with you my solution for cleaning up the look of the Suffolk Puffs (yo-yos).
My initial idea was to sew a button in the centre of each one. I didn't have enough buttons in the right size. In fact, I didn't have any buttons the right size! The larger ones covered up to much of the puff and the smaller ones got lost inside. After trying and failing to use sequins, I settled on small beads that I got at the 99p shop! Success!
I perfected my technique quite far down the cushion, so I do need to go back and fix a few mistakes.
I was so glad to finish my last Suffolk puff that I swore I'd done my last one, but I'm so pleased with these results that I'm already thinking about what to do next!